The governor of Borno State, Kashim Sheetima, said he has information on the whereabouts of about 200 schoolgirls kidnapped by the Boko Haram sect.
Shettima, according to the BBC, said he had passed reports on the sightings of the girls to the military for verification.
The governor added that he did not think the girls had been taken across the border to Chad or Cameroon.
Meanwhile, President Jonathan said an Israeli counter-terrorism team would arrive in Nigeria to help in searching for the schoolgirls, who were abducted last month in Borno State.
Both the United States and United Kingdom distanced themselves from suggestions that they would send soldiers to take part in the military operation in the northern part of the country.
“There’s no intention at this point to be putting any American boots on the ground” said U.S Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel on Sunday.
UK Prime Minister, David Cameron, said it was unlikely Nigeria would ask for British troops to help, but he added: “I said to President Jonathan where we can help, please ask, and we will see what we can do.”
Source – N.L